This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSH Certificate Import

Hi,  I have a SSH certificate generated by puttygen.  I am trying to use it in the SSH management page.  I tried to paste the base64 encoded public key directly in the "Authorized keys for root" textbox, I also tried it in the import box, I also tried with or without the "BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY", tried with or without the line breaks.  I also exported the admin certificate of astaros, imported it in windows and from windows, saved it in a base64 encoded string and each and every time, it tells me it is invalid.  Nothing in the help file, nothing in the 500 page administration guide, spent 2 hours on google and on this forum and no help is available.  Please, HELP!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

load your private key with puttygen --> copy & Paste the context under Public key for pasting in....... it should begin with ssh-rsa or ssh-dsa

Regards

Achim
  • Hi there!
    New to Astaro...
    I am also trying to import the key for SSH root access.

Used PUTTYGEN to generate a SSH-2 DSA 1024 bits key.
    Saved as:
    Public Key
    Private Key
    Conversions as:
    Export OpenSSH key
    Export ssh.com key

whichever key I try to import I get the same error message "Following values can't be imported: [key string] There is nothing to import."
    I tried with and without the ---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ---- // ---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ---- 

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks Steen
  • Haaa, same here like "seh2000" issue.
    I got the same error.
    I don't know how to import key on Astaro V8.100.
    Thank you for any help.
    Namaste
    Elena
  • Not t push, but anyone can give us a hand?

Cheers Steen
  • @seh2000

I got it. Copy the public Key directly from PuTTYGen Windows.
    Cheers 
    Elena
  • Elena!
    Got it! THANKS for the hint!!!!
    Did the key in PuTTY Key Gen. (Windows) copied the key into Authorized keys for root.
    Did "apply" and now the ket "sits" there! [[;)]] [[;)]]

But I still don't get root access via SSH [[:(]] [[:(]]

I saved the key in PuTTY Key Gen. as Private Key, in PuTTY under Connection > SSH > Auth I added the Private key (Private Key file for authentication) but when I enter root password I just get 'Access Denied' I made sure I set-up root password under Shell user Passwords. 

Ideas?

BR// Steen
  • Hello!

Solved! [[:)]] [[:)]]

My mistake!!
    The Private Key File was not properly saved in PuTTY - SORRY! [:$] [:$]

Steen