This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scheduled update to 8.002 didn't work

When the Up2Date package for ASG 8.002 released yesterday, it was automatically downloaded to my box (home user) and I scheduled an automatic installation of it to take place at 23:30 hours that night. For some reason, though, the scheduled install didn't happen, and I had to manually install 8.002 the following morning. If I remember correctly, I had this same issue last time I tried to schedule an update (back on 7.5 something) - it doesn't seem to kick off the update and perform the installation. Checking the Up2Date log doesn't even show any activity at that time, so I am not sure what the issue could be. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
-Tim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I have the same problem here with our ASG 220 8.001 which was scheduled to upgrade to 8.002 today's morning. I also remember that issue with last 7.5x version upgrades. Would like to use that feature but for now I'll make it manually... [:@]
  • Can confirm this is a known issue.  Both V7 and V8 will be scheduled for a fix to allow for future scheduled up2dates to deploy correctly.

Issue itself is related to having a previous up2date scheduled which hangs the up2date check from completing the new up2date.  So for example 7.506 back in July was scheduled on a system and works and after install the schedule is not actually removed correctly.  So at the next time you schedule 7.506 - 7.507 then the system looks and sees that it needs to first install 7.506 (again) as per its old schedule before it gets to the next one.  Same behavior occurs in V8.001 - 8.002 in testing.
  • @CameronB: Thanks for the info!
  • I just tried scheduling the update from 8.100 to 8.101 and, to my disappointment, it did not work despite the fact that the release notes for the 8.100 update (which I am currently running) claim to have fixed this issue:  "Fix [14799]: Scheduled Up2Dates do not work."

Am I missing something or is there something I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
    -Tim
  • I just tried scheduling the update from 8.100 to 8.101 and, to my disappointment, it did not work despite the fact that the release notes for the 8.100 update (which I am currently running) claim to have fixed this issue: "Fix [14799]: Scheduled Up2Dates do not work."

Am I missing something or is there something I need to do to fix this?

Thanks,
    -Tim
  • on my box it doesn't work either and for me personal i don't care. i keep an eye on this forum and when there is an update without to many problems i just update it manually. but i can fully understand that when you have lots of boxes to maintain this can be a pain...
  • I scheduled a client's box to update from 8.100 to 8.101 and have the same issue.  Why doesn't this work?
  • I have the same problem (ASG220 / 8.100)
  • I have the same problems on the software appliance (8.0x to 8.101 and 8.100 to 8.101)
  • I have had issues with scheduled updated for the last two versions. 8.0 -8.1 and now 8.1 to 8.101. With the last version, the update deployed, but did not reset the Up2date settings. So, my Up2date screen perpetually stated that I had an update scheduled for a date/time in the past, for an update that was already on the system. 
    With the latest version, I am having the same issue as stated above, the update just never installed.