This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AD Sync Setup

AD Sync setup is telling me my Sophos Central credentials are incorrect. I am certain they are not. I am copying and pasting (with no spaces inserted or added). Same creds work to log into partner portal. Please assist.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Steve Gauer,

AFAIK website and license credentials are not the same (even if the user is your email address).

Christian

• Well I am afraid I am completely lost now. How do I know what the license credentials are? The creds I use to get into the partner portal take me to the customer dashboard via the partner portal. 

• Hello Steve,

sorry for the delay. How should the AD sync utility discern between different customers of the same partner? Also keep in mind that a user must be able to change partners without interrupting the sync. Therefore the customer's credentials are required, the same credentials that associated your customer's Central dahsboard with your partner account.

Does this ring a bell? Sorry, I'm not Sophos, not a partner, not using Central - just trying to help on a Friday (the 13th) afternoon putting pieces together.

Christian

• What you say makes complete sense now that I think about it. I guess I just assumed it did it via the license number or something along those lines. As far as the customer credentials, they don't have an account. And to be honest, I don't see where there is an option to create one for them. Myapologies for what are probably silly questions. I am fairly new to the partner portal and Sophos Central as a whole. 

• No solution to the problem here?

We are managing Central for the end client, and our partner sophos central creds are not working? Can you (Sophos) elaborate where to create correct sophos central email address and password for each customer?

thanks Matjaž

• Same question here and can't find a solid answer.  Need to know what username and password to put into the AD Sync when setting this up for a customer.  Do I enter my partner credentials?  I'd prefer not to do that.

Reply Children
  • Hi All,

The best way to move forward with this is to create an individual "Admin or Super Admin" Account for each separate Customer account and use those credentials for AD Sync. This way the AD Sync Tool can recognize the individual admin accounts tied up to their Central accounts respectively thereby allowing you to perform AD Sync successfully.

Regards,

Adithyan Thangaraj
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support

Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.