Sandboxie as an Invincea product is it included in those with an end of support and maintenance after December 2019 as some users here implied?

I am referning to the announcement here https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/131956. Is sandboxie included to these products?

• I'm wondering the same. Is Sandboxie about to be discontinued?

• In reply to John Smith18:

Same! i need it and i think this is the only software that can do what i want :(

• So...in response to the question posted by Argos A, nothing but silence on the part of Sophos thus far.  I can hear the crickets chirping.  

Long time Sandboxie user here.  Huge fan of it.  Bought several lifetime licenses back in the day.  But, based on what I've been seeing going on here over the past month, my gut is telling me things do not look good.  I wonder what Ronen Tzur must be thinking.

• In reply to bs1:

Yes, no answer is also an answer. The silence here and there is very suspicious/conspicuous.

I suspect that the whole thing with the security hole of the original forum and with the license server is just invented to hide the truth. They hope that the Shitstorm will fail to appear if they fake problems for 8 months before shutting down the license server.

• I would also like confirmation that Sandboxie will continue to be updated and working after December 2019.

• Hey Barb@Sophos...are you reading this thread??  Can we expect you and Sophos to take the high road and do the right thing by giving us a truthful and straight answer whether or not Sandboxie will be supported and maintained after December??  Or, is your company's approach going to be to give us goobledygook that dances around a forthright response and kicks the can down the road in the hopes that we tire ourselves out and just go away?

All I'm asking for...and what others are apparently asking for...is an honest answer.  Nothing unreasonable about that.

• Hopefully we will get a reply today or tomorrow.

• Judging by the views this post has, a lot of people are interested in knowing the answer.

The announcement talks about the "license term". So, those who have lifetime licenses should be able to use the product indefinitely. But would really love clarification on this issue.

• In reply to Jon Smith1:

Jon Smith1

Judging by the views this post has, a lot of people are interested in knowing the answer.

The announcement talks about the "license term". So, those who have lifetime licenses should be able to use the product indefinitely. But would really love clarification on this issue.

I have seen Barb post here today in other topics but not this one. I am not happy she is avoiding this one. Even an answer like she is trying to find out more information would be better than not replying.

• In reply to Fandra Karl:

He's not allowed to tell the truth, so he's not saying anything. That is the only conclusion one can draw from it.

•  Hey all,

This is Seth from Sophos (and Invincea). Sorry for the long delay responding to this thread. 

The simple answer is "no".  The previous end of sale notification you are referencing only applied to Invincea, not Sandboxie.  

• In reply to Seth Geftic:

Thanks Seth, that was the reply I expected I just wanted to confirm it although I did got a little concerned from the delay to respond.
    Cheers!

• In reply to Seth Geftic:

I am pleasantly surprised.  I'm not sure why Barb, who regular responds to Sandboxie questions, didn't do so here.  Nonetheless, Seth's answer was good to see.

• In reply to bs1:

I was very surprised and happy when the new beta was released, and this looks better news for us committed users.

What I still do not understand is the apparent reticence to give proper and detailed answers to our concerns as users. It can only be harming Sohpos. Still, good news is always welcome.