digitally signed driver needed

when i try to new instalation into my laptop it gives me this error you  need signed kenel mode drive how i can get it is it free

Parents
  • I checked the properties of "c:\program files\sandboxie\SbieDrv.sys" (the driver file), and it has 2 digitally signatures: one from "Invincea" (dated 12. July 2019, valid in the range of 05. June 2018 to 09. June 2021) and one from "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" (dated 12. July 2019, valid in the range of 06. Sept. 2018 to 06. Sept. 2019). So the driver of Sandboxie v5.31.4 (64Bit) is digitally signed.

Probably you should download Sandboxie again from the Sandboxie website, to be sure you have the unchanged installation file. I updated Sandboxie v5.30 to v5.31.4 at 17. Sept. 2019, and there were no problems with the installation and using the software.

One question regarding this topic: Sandboxie will be open source in the near future, so the community can continue its development. How can the driver be digitally signed from community developers, so that Windows accepts it's installation? Will this signing be a problem, when it isn't signed from Sophos anymore? Can the driver be developed by the community too?

• I checked the properties of "c:\program files\sandboxie\SbieDrv.sys" (the driver file), and it has 2 digitally signatures: one from "Invincea" (dated 12. July 2019, valid in the range of 05. June 2018 to 09. June 2021) and one from "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" (dated 12. July 2019, valid in the range of 06. Sept. 2018 to 06. Sept. 2019). So the driver of Sandboxie v5.31.4 (64Bit) is digitally signed.

Probably you should download Sandboxie again from the Sandboxie website, to be sure you have the unchanged installation file. I updated Sandboxie v5.30 to v5.31.4 at 17. Sept. 2019, and there were no problems with the installation and using the software.

One question regarding this topic: Sandboxie will be open source in the near future, so the community can continue its development. How can the driver be digitally signed from community developers, so that Windows accepts it's installation? Will this signing be a problem, when it isn't signed from Sophos anymore? Can the driver be developed by the community too?

Children
No Data