This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Red exclamation point on system tray icon after upgrade to SG Enterprise v8, "Internal Error" message from SafeGuard on clients.

After updating some clients from v7 to v8 SG Enterprise, several are seeing a red exclamation point on the icon. The client also stop receiving message pop-ups about the success/failure of server syncs.

Additionally, some users are seeing a SG error message about an "internal error" and are being asked to re-enter their domain password. This is not accepted and the user is prompted over and over until they just hit cancel.

I've tried deleting the user certificates and re-syncing. After a log out, the number of packets just increases and they are not sent to the server.

I've also tried uninstalling the Pre-install, client, and client config, rebooting, and then re-installing. This "seems" to work in the the packets drop back to 0, but the red exclamation point remains.

The Connectivity Check seems to indicate everything is fine, but there are definitely some issues here:

Has anyone else seen this happen?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi - Domain or workgroup?

An exclamation over the Sophos "cog" can be an indication that there's no key for that user. This will happen if the user is unknown (or as yet unconfirmed)

However I would only expect to see this is in this scenario if either you were using workgroups and NOT AD or you allowed local users to be generated on the machines.

The lack of notifications to me from the client does indicate the client isn't happy, and probably the clean sensible route would be an uninstall and a fresh install?

Of course this is heavily dependant on how many PC's we're talking about? 5 or 10 or 100's??

All the best

• Domain. All was fine on 7. No users are showing in .Uncomfirmed. We've tried uninstall/re-install, but the red exclamation point remains. It looks like about 5-7 clients have this. Others do not.

I did push the update using a domain admin rather than the logged on user, but I did this for everyone and don't see the issue in all of the updated clients.

• I'd be tempted if then with a full uninstall of the client, clean up of the machine and registry and a nice clean install again.

I've had one machine that would NOT shift the exclamation after an inplace upgrade. Nice clean and uninstall and a reinstall sorted it. This machine had had an OS upgrade too but 10 to a newer 10.

Assuming your policy allows removal of the client it shouldn't take too long to do that handful of machines?

Good luck!

• I can try that. Did you just delete any key with Sophos in it, or is there a specific list of registry keys to be removed?

• No, although I would have be more tempted if we didn't also have Sophos AV!

No, searched for Sophos and relevant keys and also Utimaco (spelling?) too as they originally wrote SafeGuard!

All the best

Reply Children
No Data