This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safeguard Not Allowing Logon

Hey everyone. I hope this is a relatively easy question. We have a client who is having us roll out Safeguard Enterprise to protect 150+ computers across their sites. This is the first installation at our company for Safeguard Enterprise.

Basically it is setup and seems to be working fine. I am using a test machine to try out my policies. After encryption/synchronization with the Safeguard Server I am having trouble logging in with users credentials. Is there something I am missing in the policies I created? Any information I need to give you guys to help me troubleshoot this issue?

Basically I installed this on a test machine user our domain administrator credentials. Afterwards I rebooted, plugged in the domain administrator credentials at the POA screen and at the windows login screen I used our help desks credentials and logged in with no issue. I have disabled pass-through to windows because there are multiple shifts at this location and people need to be able to switch computers fairly frequently.

I'm not talking about the POA screen either. I believe I understand correctly that the user has to login at least once before they can go through POA process? And on that note, does the user need special permissions to be able to log in to a computer protected with Sophos Safeguard? Did I botch something when I created my policies?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Sorry if it is not organized well... I am attempting to just do a mind dump of details I think may matter.

Thanks

- Justin

:20091

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • double check the "Forbid guest user" setting in your Specific Machine Settings policy.  This is counterintuitive, but this should be set to "no".

a "guest" user in SGN and a guest user in the OS are two completely separate things.  in SGN, a "guest" user is a user that is not setup to login to the POA.  So, if your users are logging into the POA using one generic/shared username and password, but they are using their own personal username and password to log into windows, technically they would be considered "guest users" by SGN, so if "Forbid guest user" is set to "yes", they wouldn't be able to login.

The other way you can get around this is by adding their usernames and passwords to the POA through the MC.  If all of your users are registered as users on all of your machines, then there shouldn't be any problems with them logging into windows with their domain credentials, even if "Forbid guest user" is set to yes.

I hope this makes sense.

:20497
  • What is the exact message you get when trying to login?  Are you running any 3rd party software that can interact with login (like Cisco VPN)?

:22361