This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Pilot test installation. Cannot see nor manage clients in inventory

Hi, 

I'm giving a chance to Safeguard to adopt that solution in our company for encrypting our devices. 

ATM seems to be really complicated to make it working. 

I've installed the server with database and so on and from Management Center I created and installed the client packaging (and the related sub-packages I need to install before) but nothing seems to be working. 

I only see a new submenu "SafeGuard File Encryption" on the client side but nothing related to the volume encryption I enabled by default policy and bitlocker, that I enabled as well, is still off. I cannot even see my client listed on the Management Center nor licenses have been assigned as I'm stll seen all my trial licenses unassigned/unused. 

I'm followin the document "https://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/documentation/sgn_7_ig_eng_installation.pdf?la=en" but it is not helpful as it doesn't provide all the detailed information I would need to make it working. 

Can you provide me some help please? 

Thanks,
Max

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Sorry to hear things are not going well for you! This is a community based forum so I would personally log  support call with Sophos too - especially if you're going to spend money with them!

Are you intending to install an older version - you've posted the link to V7 and we're presently on v8.1. The v8 guides are here - 

www.sophos.com/.../safeguard-enterprise.aspx

Are you intending to use File Encryption as well as full-disk?

It doesn't work quite out of the box as you're hoping - for good reason really, you don't want an unmanaged encryption solution in your place of work!

For either disk or file encryotion you first need to define a policy. You then assign this to your computers (or users) and once the client has picked this up it's applied.

In a very quick and vague list.....

(Pre-prod or test machines...)

Setup server

Setup SSL

Import AD into SSG

Produce configuration files - Configuration Package Tool

Install client AND configuration files on workstation

Modify policy for full disk to specify TPM/fallback mode/other options

Apply policy to either a test group or your test machine

I can bore you with MUCH more detail but these are the real basics. Decide on version for server - I would advise 8.1 install this and then post back at your stuck stage. We'll all do our best to help!

Good luck

• Hi Massimiliano,

Michael's suggestions make a lot of sense.

Just a short comment from my side, regarding:

"I only see a new submenu "SafeGuard File Encryption" on the client side but nothing related to the volume encryption"

If you only see File Encryption modules when installing the SafeGuard Client, this can be an indicator for having Sophos Central Device Encryption installed (an optional module of the Sophos Central Endpoint). In this case the installer won´t offer full disk encryption.

Cheers

F.