This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

non interactive access to encryped files

we are evaluating the Safeguard solution and we have a requirement: 

a custom web application (IIS .NET webservice) needs to access encrypted files.

is it possible? and how?

Thanks
Costantino

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Constantino, 

I would require more input on this. It depends on which file encryption mode you are interested in. If it is FS, DX or CS, it is not possible. If you are planning to use Application Based File Encryption then it may be possible with the help of our Professional Service through a local Sophos Partner. As SGN has no client API the web service you are going to use would need to run in user context so that it can have a key ring.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Constantino, 

I would require more input on this. It depends on which file encryption mode you are interested in. If it is FS, DX or CS, it is not possible. If you are planning to use Application Based File Encryption then it may be possible with the help of our Professional Service through a local Sophos Partner. As SGN has no client API the web service you are going to use would need to run in user context so that it can have a key ring.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data