This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Secure Workplace - not opening larger files

Hi. For some reason we are not able to open bigger attachments from Sophos Secure Email through Workspace. In Mobile Control we have already setup the maximum file size to 50MB and our exchange is allowing big files.

When you press "view" from sophos mobile we get the following error message: "This PDF has been damaged. Complete Reader was unable to repair it. The file cannot be opened. Sorry!"

If I go to my exchange email, I have no problem opening the attachment so the file is not damaged. If I open small attachments I have no issues.

Is this a general issue with larger files, or is it possible to change the maximum allowed filesize to be opened by Secure Workspace?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Bo Hangaard,

Please help me out with a few questions:

1. Is this happening in Android/iOS? Please confirm the version of Android/iOS. 

2. In the container policy for Android -> Is "Allow viewing/sharing" enabled? What is selected for the "View attachments" option?

3. In the container policy for iOS -> Is the Maximum email size set to 50 MB? What is selected for the "Open attachments" option?

4. In the device policy for iOS -> Restrictions -> Please let us know what settings are saved here. 

Lastly, please confirm the format of the file which is not opening. The supported file formats and cloud storage providers can be found here.

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Manager | Global Community Support
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi Yashraj Singha,

Sure, no problem.

1. This is happening on both iOS and Android

2. Allow viewing/sharing" is enabled and "View attachments" is set to "In container apps"

3. Maximum size is set to 50MB and "Open attachments" is set to "In all apps"

4. I am not sure what settings you need, since I cannot find "Restrictions".

File formats that I have tested are PDF and MOV.

If you need anything else, let me know.

• Hi Bo Hangaard,

Thank you for the details.

Can you please confirm the files which are not opening are under 50 MB? Also, in the Android container policy, please set the "View attachment" and "Share attachments" option to "all apps" just so it matches the iOS counterpart. (As the attachments are encrypted with a device key and can only be opened with the container apps if "Share attachments" is set to "with container apps".)

If it still does not work, I believe you should open a support ticket with Sophos support.   

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
    Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
  • I have just tried with two simple PDF files. 18MB and 23MB in size, both not opening. I have set View and Share to "all apps"

If I open up the emails via outlook, it works fine.

I have tried to open the attachments with all the mobile apps that I have through Sophos and none of them work. If I open it with Adobe Reader through Sophos it gives an error and states that the file is 0kb in size.

We are not allowed to use other apps than Workspace for opening attachments, so I have set both iOS and Android to the correct setting again.

Is there anything else I could try or should i open a support ticket?

• Hi Bo Hangaard,

I think it is best to open up a support ticket with us so that we can get this resolved for you at the earliest. 

Thanks,
    Yashraj Singha
Reply Children
No Data