Conflicting Security Advice. Which one do I follow?

Hi, 

I received a push notification whilst the phone was locked, stating that my WiFi had potential security problems. I immediately (strangely) received, another push notification from my McAfee WiFi monitoring security app, stating that the WiFi network "looks good". This raised my suspicion that in fact my WiFi was "not good", given the the McAfee WiFi application only produces a notification when the mobile first joins the WiFi network. This was not the case.

However, when I logged into the Sophos application to find out what the nature of the security issue was, your application advised that there were "no problems found" with my WiFi network.

Firstly, what advice provided by your application is accurate, and how can I resolve?

Thank you

• Hi  

Could you please check and initiate the latest Sophos Anti-Virus Engine update from Sophos mobile Security App> Menu>Settings> Sophos Anti-Virus Engine section. Also, if you can try resetting your Wi-Fi Network by clicking on forget this network option under settings and re-enter the password for that WiFi connection. Let me know if it helps. 

• In reply to Shweta:

Thanks for your reply. 

Can you please indicate where the Sophos Anti-Virus Engine section is located? I uploaded screenshots in my previous message, which do not display the anti-virus engine?

Thank you

• In reply to aria0912:

Hi  

When you open Sophos Mobile security app, navigate to Menu> Settings, Scroll down to the Sophos Anti-Virus engine section, click on the last update. 

• In reply to Shweta:

Hi  

Apologies, but above-mentioned steps are only applicable to Android device. We have made some backend changes for Sophos Mobile Security app for iOS and you should no longer receive this alert. I would request you to check and if you still face the same issue, do let us know.