This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SIM-card: ICCID and/ or IMSI ?

H9 :)

a) In generell: Is there a possibility to get the ICCID or the die IMSI of a SIM-card in a mobile phone or tablet with the help of Sophos Mobile?

b) If a) is not possible: Some of our users have two mobile device (mobile phone and tablet) with the same phone numer (e.g. Vodafone UltraCard). Is there any way to check which SIM card is in wich mobile device?

With kind regards,
Andreas Siebert.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Andreas,

Yes, for iOS we can do that because these devices provide the information back into Sophos Mobile. The majority of Android devices do unfortunately not. Some do and many don’t. If Android devices provide ICCID and IMSI depends also on the mobile network provider. However, if it’s not provided we cannot do anything. An option for Android devices would be to check the phone number. In most cases, the phone number is bound to the SIM card and changes when the SIM card gets exchanged. 

I hope this helps. Cheers.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi :)

First of all: Thank you for your answer. But then it can't be that difficult to get the information for the Sophos Control App even on Android-devices, since there are a lot of free apps in the playstore (e.g. "SIM Card"), which are capable of doing exact that: getting the SIM-card informations, including the ICCID of course. So why shouldn't it be easily possible for the Sophos Control App? We do not really benefit from a third party app, which is not connected to Sophos Control/ Sophos Mobile. Will Sophos Control/ Sophos Mobile Support this in the near future?

With kind regards,
    Andreas Siebert.

• Hi Andreas,

I am not sure about this feature in the future version, however, you can raise a feature request here

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.