This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wireless update Andr/AutoIns-A - can't upgrade security patch

I have Android 6.0 security patch level 5 September 2016 kernvel version 3.18.19 build number Navon_D455_V1.07_20160922 on a Navon D455 phone that I got from Media Markt. I want to update to a more recent security patch level, and my phone also wants me to do this and is prompting me to do it periodically. The program for updating the phone is called "Wireless update" and it came preinstalled on my phone. But whenever it tries to run, Sophos tells me it is a PUA Andr/AutoIns-A. 

My carrier is Telekom Hungary and I only allow apps from google play. My phone isn't rooted and I don't know how to root it.

Thank you for your help.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Peter,

In order to help you further on this, I would like to know if you have installed Sophos Mobile Security managed or Stand alone on your mobile?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Haridoss

On my phone the app is called Sophos Mobile Security, the free antivirus. I don't have any sophos product on my computer. I am running Arch linux on my computer and I don't think you have any products for my OS. 

If i have misunderstood your question, can you ask it a different way? I am only guessing what managed or stand alone means. 

• Hi Peter, 

I understand that you do not have any Sophos product on your computer, which means you have installed Sophos Mobile Security as a stand-alone app. When the Wireless Update is identified as a PUA, do you get an option to allow the app? If so, did you try allowing the app?

If the issue persists even after allowing the Wireless Update, you can temporarily either disable the PUA Detection from settings or uninstall Mobile Security and update the Security patch. Once the Security patch is installed, you can Enable PUA detection or reinstall the Sophos Mobile Security. Let me know if this helps resolve your query.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.