This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android preset configuration outlook app

Hi,

I am new to using Sophos Central with mobile controls and am trying to setup a default task bundle that will silently install outlook and auto configure the application based on user.

so far I can get the mobile controls to install Outlook from the play store but the end user still has to configure it? The Sophos application currently offers "Email Configuration available" then shows a copy/paste list of values? our end users will not be happy with this level of interaction! 

Is it possible?

Many thanks,

Tony

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Tony

when I  first started  using Sophos I had similar issues.  I created a task having password, and restrictions and email profile sent to the device. when I was trialling this our company had 4-5 different phone manufacturers with lots of variant models.  I had different outcomes depending on the phone.

My solution was to use the manufacturer mail client.

the manufacturers below allowed for the mail client to prompt for the mail password and sets up the mailbox with a few  features like update security and activate administrator.

Samsung, apple ,sonny. windows phone all worked fine

HTC android 6 I could not get to work and did not give the mail configuration to Sophos control. this device I ended up using Sophos secure email with container access to get by until the contract was up.

Hauweii and new HTCs prompted in the Sophos control client with the mail configuration

so depending on the phone depends on the answer. when you look at creating profiles/ restrictions it shows blue to the right of the restriction and shows what manufacturer has provided access to this feature. usually Samsung knock LG and apple. I find with these phones I get the best results all others  are hit and miss

my suggestion is that you speak with your company's provider and always get in trial devices of the models you want prior to deploying 

our estate is now mainly Android Samsung, and apple now

• Hi Grant,

Many thanks for your reply.

We have a selection of Huawei, Samsung and Vodafone own brand (ZTE)  - so will need to experiment to see what works best for future mobiles.

Best Regards,

Tony