This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

App Protection on Mobile Control 7 for Andriod steals focus on notification of protected app - VERY ANNOYING.

So I've been trying Mobile Control 7.1.2978 on Android 7.1.1 on a Sony Xperia X F5121

The annoying part is the App Control feature. Oh it works well, but there is an issue regarding notifications of protected apps.

When a new notification of a protected app pops up (ie WhatsApp new msg) the Sophos Unlock dialog pops up, and it shouldn't. Like if am I filling a payment form in a browser and I get a new msg in WhatsApp the notification pops and then the Sophos dialog pops too, stealing my focus from the browser to the Sophos Unlock dialog, usually when pressing back the form I was filling in the browser resets and I have to start filling it all over again. Or if I'm watching a video on YouTube or listening to Audible, and a notification pops up, it will STOP my video or audio and again steal the focus to the unlock dialog! All due to a notification pop up.

Bitdefender does NOT do that, when a Notification pops nothing happens only if I press on the notification to open the app, THEN the unlock dialog appears. Much nicer.

So far I've only tried with that phone, i will try with a Samsung see how it behaves.

If anyone has this same or similar issue I would like to know if you have a solution.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Carlo,

That shouldn't be happening. I have forwarded it to the Developers team, and this issue will soon be addressed and resolved. Please do follow this forum for the update. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thank you for the reply.

I have nos installed it on a Samsung Galaxy A3 with Android 5.0.2 and found that it does not do that, it works as it should. The notification does not bring the unlock app pop up dialog.

I'll be following up on this issue.

Cheers!

Carlo.

• I've meade further tests on my Xperia X / Android 7.11 and found the following behaviors  with the unlock dialog when a notification is received.

1) Twitter App does NOT pop-up

2) Google Calendar DOES pop-up

3) WhatsApp DOES pop-up

4) Facebook Lite does NOT pop-up 

In this tests I have been writing a note in GoogleKeep and received notifications for twitter and facebook lite. Those notifications do NOT interrupt and no unlock popup appears, but then if I "swipe down" and dismiss "swiping right" on the twitter notification only, when I "swipe up" back again to GoogleKeep I see the Unlock Dialog for Facebook Lite, eventhough I did NOT touch the Facebook notification when dissmissing the Twitter one, then when I press "Cancel" on a pup-up unlock dialog I get sent to the HOME screen instead to back to the GoogleKeep app.

In another scenario, I was using browsing the notifications when in that instant I got a Twitter notification that I did not touch nor did I dismiss, then swipping back up again I get the Unlock Dialog for the Twitter app. - That should not happen either. Again I selected "Cancel" and get sent back to the Home Screen instead of back to the app I was using.

I hope I explained myself sufficiently clear.

Let me know I you want me to do specific tests I will gladly help.

Cheers!

Carlo

• I'm having the same problem, for me Hangouts, is the worst offender. But a few other apps are also triggering the security dialog.

So as of January 27th 2018, this ISN'T FIXED.

• Hi Theo, 

What is the current version of Sophos Mobile you are using?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• The most current from Playstore. 7.2.2526(19)

• Hi Theo,

Thank you. Please allow me to check on this and update you further.

Haridoss Sreenivasan