This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Frequent messages saying SIM card has been changed

Ever since I installed Sophos Mobile security last week, my Nexus 5X has been generating notifications that my SIM card has been changed, as many as 5 times in one day, everyday.  I suspect that Sophos is having problems working with the Google Fi system that moves between 3 different cellular network providers, and that whenever the phone switched from one carrier to another, it sees this as. SIM card change.  I have Sophos configured to send messages to 3 different phone number if SIM card is changed, and these 3 numbers all send me messages to this effect.  Has anyone had this particular issue before?   Thanks for any assistance or information.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi George,

Thank you for choosing Sophos for your Mobile Security. To stop this notification you would have to disable "SIM Change Detection" in Sophos Mobile Security. Please find the image below for your reference:

Sophos Mobile Security>Loss & Theft>Feature selection>Sim Change Detection (Uncheck)

If you are wondering what is SIM Change Detection?

Sends a text message to all specified numbers if the SIM card has been changed. The text message contains a device description which has to be entered when SIM change detection is activated. The recipient of this message can use the sender telephone number to send, for example, a locate or lock command to the lost or stolen device. This feature may not work for devices with multiple SIM cards as multiple SIM card support is not standard Android functionality. Multiple SIM card support is a custom functionality implemented by device manufacturers and therefore varies depending on the manufacturer. "

Please refer to the article Loss & Theft. Let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• I appreciate your response.  I am aware of the SIM card change detection and what it is supposed to do.  The problem is that Sophos keeps sending out texts to my specified numbers even though my SIM has NOT been changed.  The problem is with Sophos and I have now uninstalled it.  Perhaps in the future it will have this problem corrected.  Many thanks for your assistance.