Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to reinstall Sophos Intercept X

I have a PC that was having some issues.  I first tried to do a system restore but it would not let me because of Intercept X.  There is no easy way, that I found, to turn off Sophos for something like this.  SO, I did an uninstall of Sophos.  That then allowed me to do a system restore in Windows 10.  After the reboot it brought part of Sophos back.  I was not able to uninstall or install because of Tamper Protection.  I found in the community how to get around that issue.  That worked up to a point.  It said it uninstall Sophos.  Now I can get part way through the reinstall of the program and it will fail.  I have tried a few different things with no luck.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Norman

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Some years ago as we started with Sophos we have this problem too with the uninstallation or repairing on clients.

If we have problems now with uninstalling Sophos we use a Tool called TotalUninstaller. (This also helps if you have issues with other broken msi installers)

https://www.martau.com/

You can also use other Uninstaller Tools but this is the one I found first and still using over the years.

The tool will analyse the installed program in this case Sophos, will list services, folders, registry-keys and so on and will hardly remove it. After a restart you should be able to install Sophos normally. It doesent matter if Tamper protection is still on. 

Maybe this will help to solve to uninstall broken msi packages like the single Sophos components. If not, it was atleast a good try. 

• Some years ago as we started with Sophos we have this problem too with the uninstallation or repairing on clients.

If we have problems now with uninstalling Sophos we use a Tool called TotalUninstaller. (This also helps if you have issues with other broken msi installers)

https://www.martau.com/

You can also use other Uninstaller Tools but this is the one I found first and still using over the years.

The tool will analyse the installed program in this case Sophos, will list services, folders, registry-keys and so on and will hardly remove it. After a restart you should be able to install Sophos normally. It doesent matter if Tamper protection is still on. 

Maybe this will help to solve to uninstall broken msi packages like the single Sophos components. If not, it was atleast a good try. 

Children