This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Home product with firewall?

Several of us at work have kicked the tires of the free home Sophos product, but found its missing a firewall a non-starter.  Individually we have looked at the web site and cannot find a way to BUY a HOME version of the endpoint software.  Is Sophos just not interested in selling anything to us?  Surely we are not the only persons who distrust Microsoft's product given their moves and who want to SECURE our PCs at home with firewalls that block and tackle EVERYTHING we do not approve? (Our employer will not dump the competing antivirus product that we use today so it is not like we can qualify for home use with a business license at work.)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi . The free products found on the Sophos Free Tools page is meant for home/personal use. If you are looking for a home use firewall, then try out Sophos XG Firewall Home Edition. If you're looking to purchase for business use, contact us. I hope this helps!

• Thank you for your response, but I am willing to bet that many home users are not looking for such an unruly solution.  Our employees at work outside of IS are just looking to check the box for required software in order to connect to VPN on their personal systems.  They struggle with simple things...  I am not trying to protect a LAN or network...just the endpoint.  I guess I will explore other vendors as my time is valuable.  Someone at Sophos should make is EASY for a HOME user to purchase a SINGLE license of the same quality software available for BUSINESS users.  You know, the same EXACT software that is tested by other organizations and has won awards..