Sophos Enterprise console: Email Notification/Alerting is not working in thru Gmail

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure the S.E.C Email Alerting using Google Account but doesn't work

Can someone help, Thanks.

• Hello SaiRex,

you didn't say what doesn't work. Apparently you don't have an internal email-system or SMTP and the challenge is perhaps setting the required port and credentials.
    Please see Ability to specify a port for Email Alerts in Information on Sophos Enterprise Console 5.5.1 and Authenticated SMTP in email reporting.

Christian

• In reply to QC:

I am having the same issue. I configure the SMTP server as smtp.gmail.com:587 (using TLS), and when I test it it tells me I successfully connected to the smtp server. However, my reports never get delivered to my Gmail account.

Trying to migrate this function from my Exchange server to Google.

• In reply to Dave Moran:

Hello Dave Moran,

are you talking about Scheduled Reports (e.g. Alert and event history) or alerts when a threshold is exceeded? AFAIK the former is logged in %ProgramData%\Sophos\Sophos Endpoint Management\log\sophos-management-services.log in lines containing Sophos.Management.Email.Email.

when I test it it tells me I successfully connected to the smtp server
    this is because it does nothing more than connecting to the specified address and checking for the 220 .... greeting. When a report is about to be sent you'll likely get Failed to send email [...] The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. [...] in the above mentioned log.
    When you try to test with the TLS port (465) the test will fail. This suggests SEC (still) doesn't talk SSL/TLS to an SMTP server. Dunno why this has not been implemented as, if I'm not mistaken, the underlying CDOSYS would support it.

Christian