This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.1 updater - warnings about TLS 1.2

If I'm using a standalone MSSQL instance installed by an earlier SEC install, without a separate MS license, do I need to worry about the TLS1.2 warnings?

.NET framework nees to be updated
no certificate

etc.

Also, we're nearing the end of our migration to Central, so maybe I should just leave SEC 5.4 in place for another month or so while we mop up to close it down?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello 1TruBob,

if it's 5.4.0 it has already been retired but if everything still works (after the upgrade to Endpoint 10.8.1) you might as well leave it in place. Moreover, TLS 1.2 is not a requirement for SEC 5.5.1 or the upgrade to it. Unless you are required to use TLS 1.2 in order to comply to some regulations you can ignore the warnings.

Christian 

• Hello QC

Is it me or the installer will stop if all TLS 1.2 requirements are not met ?  Then, how would you install it with TLS 1.1 or 1.0. ?

Paul Jr 

• Hello Paul Jr.,

the installer doesn't stop - at least that's what my upgrades suggest. It shouldn't stop because of a warning - that's what errors are for. On one server only the OS passed the requirement for configuration, .NET and SQL would have needed some action, on another server SQL wasn't TLS 1.2 ready - in both instances the installer happily carried on after clicking Next (or whatever the label).

Christian