Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint Security package for SCCM 2012 R2

Does anybody have depoyment guide, directions for sophos endpoint (AV & RMS) on SCCM 2012 R2? Thanks

:51942

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello,

I've created a package in our software deployment with the help of this article:

http://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/knowledgebase/12570.aspx

Kind regards

:51950
  • Since I have upgraded to 10.3.13 deploying with this method fails to pickup policy.  Anyone else have this issue.  Tech Support also says support for this is ProServ.  

Jason

:56899
  • Hello Jason,

what do you mean by fails to pickup policy? The initial post is just a general question, sdengscherz linked to the article for setup.exe, in neither policies are mentioned.

Which policy is apparently not picked up? Could you post how you call setup.exe and with which parameters?

Christian

:56905
  • The Computer shows up in the console, it looks like it is talking to the relay, but does not get AV, Firewall or Application Control policy.  

Here is my command line:

setup.exe -mng yes -scf -crt R -updp "http://ip of server/SophosUpdate/Sophos04/CIDs/S009/SAVSCFXP" -user bb\SophosUpdateMgr -pwd password -G \Sophos\Temp_Staff -s -ni

Jason

:57010
  • Hello Jason,

is the policy status Awaiting policy from console or some other? If I understand correctly the components seem to be installed, right? The updating policy should

talking to the relay ... -scf ... -G

you are using a message relay (just to make sure)? First of all it's a good idea to reboot the endpoint after installing SCF (which is advised anyway after a first-time install). The Sophos components should be allowed so even as the setup seems a little bit complex you should shoot yourself in the foot. If the reboot doesn't help I'd check the router logs first (starting with those on the endpoint).

Christian

:57047
  • It looks like 10.3.13 broke my relays.  Is this because of the RMS 4.0 upgrade?  I guess it didn't like the way I had setup my relays so I had to reconfigure them like the guide Sophos has posted.  After I did that they are now reporting even better.  It seemed to take a long time for the clients to figure this out, pretty wierd.  

I still think that support should have spotted this as soon as I called.  

Thanks,

Jason

:57146