This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sav 10.3 client not updating

hi all, have a couple of servers that fail to update.  i can push out the software just fine, but when i go to right click the shield, and go to update now, nothing happens.  nothing appears in the updating log either.

can anyone assist where i can start troubleshooting?  i've tried uninstalling and restinstalling, still the same problem.

Phil.

:50322

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• sealyit wrote:

i can confirm those logs do not exist on that server for some reason...

I went back and reviewed the original SDU output again and noticed you have the following logged in the System event log for that server (02)...

event id 26

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program: c:\ProgramData\...

R6030
    - CRT not initialized

2014-06-02_10-02-57.png

...and Citrix EdgeSight is installed.  Hence the following article seems to apply (redirects to a Citrix one on resolving the issue).  Can you see if the steps from Citrix resolves the updating problem?  Note:  Afterwards keep an eye on the System event log for further event id 26 entries.

:50512

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• sealyit wrote:

i can confirm those logs do not exist on that server for some reason...

I went back and reviewed the original SDU output again and noticed you have the following logged in the System event log for that server (02)...

event id 26

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program: c:\ProgramData\...

R6030
    - CRT not initialized

2014-06-02_10-02-57.png

...and Citrix EdgeSight is installed.  Hence the following article seems to apply (redirects to a Citrix one on resolving the issue).  Can you see if the steps from Citrix resolves the updating problem?  Note:  Afterwards keep an eye on the System event log for further event id 26 entries.

:50512

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data