This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEA vs Puremessage: Feedback

Hi All,

I am running SEA on a customer and to be honest I am not really happy about the SPAM catched from SEA. Before SEA, there was Pure Message and it blocked more SPAM and SUSPECT SPAM by adjusting the slider controls. This is something that is not achievable on SEA.

Also Sophos is selling multiple SPAM filters:

• SEA
  • Pure Message
  • XG MTA
  • UTM9 MTA

I think that Sophos needs to understand that SPAM protection is very important and the only one (I think) that works as it should is Pure Message. Also on ideas.sophos.com there is not even an area on Pure Message/ SEA to open/vote feature requests.

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys on what experience you have and your feedback.

I am using Pure Message since 2008 and SEA since 2011.

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi there, late to the party as usual.

I've been running SEA and PureMessage in series for years, after running just PureMessage and Mail Monitor before that.

SEA is my first filter, and i can guarantee you that once the delay queue kicks in, it is a much better Spam filter than PureMessage.  My PureMessage suspected spam setting is all the way down to 36, and it rarely ever catches spam the SEA missed.  That said, SEA (and thus PureMessage) still misses a LOT of spam.

HOWEVER, when it comes to blocking dangerous content, don't rely on SEA.  PureMessage has fantastic content filtering for blocking potentially dangerous content and I've lost count of the malicious attachments that PureMessage has blocked for me that SEA missed. (Under my settings that is - not defaults)

Don't bother asking for improvements, nothing really changes, case in point: Neither PureMessage or SEA are on the Ideas page https://ideas.sophos.com/

Both these products are basically Legacy.

• Hi there, late to the party as usual.

I've been running SEA and PureMessage in series for years, after running just PureMessage and Mail Monitor before that.

SEA is my first filter, and i can guarantee you that once the delay queue kicks in, it is a much better Spam filter than PureMessage.  My PureMessage suspected spam setting is all the way down to 36, and it rarely ever catches spam the SEA missed.  That said, SEA (and thus PureMessage) still misses a LOT of spam.

HOWEVER, when it comes to blocking dangerous content, don't rely on SEA.  PureMessage has fantastic content filtering for blocking potentially dangerous content and I've lost count of the malicious attachments that PureMessage has blocked for me that SEA missed. (Under my settings that is - not defaults)

Don't bother asking for improvements, nothing really changes, case in point: Neither PureMessage or SEA are on the Ideas page https://ideas.sophos.com/

Both these products are basically Legacy.

Children
No Data