This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WorkGroup Environment unable to install Sophos Endpoint Protection

One of our customer have workgroup environment and we tried to installed the Sophos Endpoint Protection on that to connect it to management console but unable to do so.
we have admin id and password of end user system and when we try to put admin user name and password it says invalid credentials. Any idea what will be the issue.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Sudheer,

same password
    must be same username and same password but then it should work.
    In more detail: Say all your PCs have an account named PC-Admin (of course same password), then you'd need a PC-Admin account also with the same password on your SEC server. This doesn't need to be a special account, all it needs are the rights to remotely login and access the \SophosUpdate\ share. Works with the usual security settings.

Protect Computers is just one way to install the software though. What method do you use to install other software?

Christian

• HI Christian,

Thank you so much for your reply i tried the way you suggested (i.e,Providing same credentials to work group computers admin credentials  as SEC admin credentials ) but it didn't work.We use sharing as another method to install software ,while i try this also only sophos auto update is installing in work group laptops.Please suggest me if there is any other way to install on work group computers.

Sudheer

• Hello Sudheer,

only sophos auto update is installing in work group laptops
    how exactly do you install it? Actually an install is performed by installing AutoUpdate which then downloads and installs all other components.
    To give an example what I mean by exactly:
    From the workstation connect to the ...\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\ share, start setup.exe, fill the fields as necessary and click the button. Potential problem: If you don't enter the correct update location and credentials AutoUpdate will get installed but subsequently fail to download the software.

Christian