This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sec and XG Heartbeat

At the moment  only Cloud version of AV will support HB. Many SEC installation are spread around and SEC product should support HB really soon.

Heartbeat allows Sophos XG Next Generation Firewall to communicate with Sophos Endpoint and if the computer is not protect with Sophos agent or the "health" does not achieve a minimum state, Firewall can deny access to networks (WAN, DMZ, VLAN, etc...).

Please add vote to support even SEC installation.

http://feature.astaro.com/forums/285723-sophos-endpoint/suggestions/10614732-security-heartbeat-support-sec-installation

Luk

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi All,

the feature request last year was closed with an not appropriate response (in my opinion).

Sophos is loosing a lot of opportunities on Medium/Big Customers. In the last year I spoke about Heartbeat at presentations and everyone liked it but it works only with cloud version and most of them cannot go to cloud for internal policy.

I am loosing selling opportunities with customers where the number of Sophos Endpoint is 2000+.

If Sophos decides to implement Heartbeat even on SEC, we are able to sell the XG easily. [:@]

Why this selling aspect is not even considered?

I would like to see what other Partners/Sophos Users think about it.

Thanks

• Hi All,

It is quite strange that I am the only person who would like this features?

I am a user (a Partner after) that uses Sophos Enterprise Console since 3.0 version and the Console is still the same.

Sophos added HIPS, App Control, Vulnerability Asses., DLP, Device Control and now since 5.0 they stopped adding features and they are pushing us to move to Cloud.

Cloud can be used for small company and companies that are not taking care about internal policy.

I do not manage these kind of customers. Some more info from the latest Webinar:

• Server protection will not be availble on SEC: a nice idea to move to other Vendors
    • HB will not be available on SEC: because HB needs constant communication with Console, so roaming devices will not work with SEC&HB. Let Admins decide where and how implement HB
    • Intercept X will be available at the end of february to SEC but not the RCA component: why? I think the same behaviour like HB.

I do not know how you guys manage customers with 1000+ with Cloud, sending logs to internal syslog (a lot of traffic) and now no advanced feature like HB, Server protection.

It is incredible on how Sophos is killing Partners that manage big customers.

The same feature sets should be available to both console (SEC and Central) and you should let the users decide to use one or the other.

Sophos will lose big customers for sure.

Thank you for not even taking note of that!

• Hello Luk,

the Console is still the same
    basically yes (I've been here before SEC 1.0 [;)]). Neither NAC (which has been discontinued), nor Web Control, nor SafeGuard, nor SMC (which is something different anyway) have been integrated - although at first it might have looked like a serious attempt to unify management in hindsight it seems more an advertising campaign.

Right now there are several competing concepts and as a customer I don't see a clear strategy. Is it Central because everyone is moving to the Cloud anyway? Is it SMC because the majority of devices will be smart, roaming, and single-user? Will SEC, Central and what else converge and reincarnate in a version you can deploy wherever you want?  What does SEC 5.4.1 signify - a last version just for boasting TLSv1.2 before it is abandoned?

Oh well, you didn't ask me ...

Christian

• Thanks Christian for your answer.

Oh NAC, I have even used the advanced version of it. Anyway I think that there are some products need a separate Console, because logs and mechanisms are different like NAC, SafeGuard but what I do not understand and agree with Sophos is that they are "abandon" SEC console development for Cloud. I think it more marketing related and because other competitors are moving to Cloud.

If you have a look at the SMC they are releasing the same feature sets for Cloud and On-Premise, so customers decide if they can/want to go to cloud or not.

On SEC I have a customer with more that 6000+ and they think that one day I can go to cloud. They will not to move to Cloud, never! Other customers I have (1000+) will not go to cloud because they cannot for internal policies (which I agree).

Sophos should develop a new SEC with the same feature sets like the Cloud version (maybe a unique framework like SMC, XG) and make it available to customers.

HB is a nice technology but no way to sell it in my case.

Server Lockdown another great feature and on SEC will never been integrated. Why I have to manage Server (critical data) from Cloud?

I will lose my customers because they will move to another Competitor where more features are becoming available and Sophos is pushing for selling Products that are great for small customers.

I do not understand and trust their plan. SEC is quite old and they are not developping it since 10 years+.

• At least I am not alone about Sophos Endpoint Confusion!

Reply Children
No Data