This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot disable Sophos 10 LSP

We're having issues disabling the Sophos 10 64-bit LSP using the following command:

C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Web Intelligence\swi_lsp32_util.exe -u -d swi_ifslsp_64.dll 

This works on he 32-bit version, but not the 64. After running the above command we get the following error:

retrieveLSPGUID: LoadLibraryA(swi_ifslsp_64.dll) failed: 193

Has anyone run into this before? Google didn't have much to say about that error. 

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT:

I forgot to add that I also tried using Windows 7 regsvr32 /u, but it did not work. I got the following error:

The module "C:\Program Data\Sophos\Web Intelligence\swi_ifslsp_64.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.

:55021

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Alright, so the SwiUpdateAction value was there on one machine. Looking at a few others and they do not have that. I'm looking at both HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sophos\Web Intelligence and HKLM\SOFWARE\Wow6432Node\Sophos\Web Intelligence and SwiUpdateAction is not there. 

On-access scanning is enabled and the swi_ifslsp.dll is showing in the netsh winsock catalog. 

EDIT:

The initial machine where I set the SwiUpdateAction value to "3" from "7" is also no longer showing up. I would think it would show with a value of "3" now, but the "SwiUpdateAction" entry is gone. 

:55055
  • Alright, so the SwiUpdateAction value was there on one machine. Looking at a few others and they do not have that. I'm looking at both HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sophos\Web Intelligence and HKLM\SOFWARE\Wow6432Node\Sophos\Web Intelligence and SwiUpdateAction is not there. 

On-access scanning is enabled and the swi_ifslsp.dll is showing in the netsh winsock catalog. 

EDIT:

The initial machine where I set the SwiUpdateAction value to "3" from "7" is also no longer showing up. I would think it would show with a value of "3" now, but the "SwiUpdateAction" entry is gone. 

:55055
Children
No Data