This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos blocking access to the internet?

Hi all, thanks in advance for the help. My company has endpoint antivirus protection on all of our laptops but for some reason it is blocking one laptop in particular from accessing web pages? when I uninstall it searching is fine, but if i reinstall it than we have the same issue. This is on one laptop out of 30. Any recommendations? 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • What is the OS?

If you disable Web control (if enabled) and web protection features (download scanning and malicious website lookups) does it work again?  If it's Windows 7 you will need to reboot again after disabling them to allow the LSP to be removed.

Regards,

Jak

• You are correct. I disabled the both of them and am able to search now. Whats the reason behind that? And is there an easy fix?

• On Windows 10, the technology used is the Windows Filtering Platform (WFP).  There could be another piece of software on the computer using a similar hooking technique causing a conflict.  Is there any other software on this computer that might be interested in hooking network traffic that isn't on the others?

In an admin prompt, running:

netsh wfp show filters 

might be useful to see.  If you do provide the output file, it might be worth linking a Pastebin.

Regards,

Jak

• Hi Jak, thanks again for the help. I ran the command like you suggested but the filters.xml is a pretty big file. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for? 

Reply Children
No Data