This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos On Access Scan Logs?

Is there any way to find out what SophosScanD is scanning? I am trying to see why running a dev build takes longer than expected despite having an exclusion in place for the folder the build is being executed on. So far the log files I have found for Sophos only show server communication status and update instances.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello SadiAhmed,

there's no regular log which would show the activity of the On-Access scanner. If there is an option to enable activity- or debug-logging it's not documented (for a paid-licensed version Support might tell you).

having an exclusion in place
    if it's not in the right place it won't help
    . The build might touch a number of files in other places, create temp files, and so on. fs_usage might give a hint where scanning takes place though it doesn't reflect SophosScanD's actual activity.

Christian

• Thanks Christian, 

I will try to run fs_usage to see what is running, but ideally knowing what SophosScanD was looking at would give some more insight on if I should have more exclusions in place. I will try to see if this command helps in determining that. 

• Thanks Christian, 

I will try to run fs_usage to see what is running, but ideally knowing what SophosScanD was looking at would give some more insight on if I should have more exclusions in place. I will try to see if this command helps in determining that. 

Children
No Data