This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Sophos block specific file or folder?

Hi, I have a question regarding blocking files:

I would like to block read/write access to specific file and/or file type on Endpoints. Can Sophos do this? Seems Data Control can only do part of this job.

Thanks in advance.

:808

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

We are planning to add custom application control in a future release so it is on our roadmap. Obviously we'll also continue to extend the scope of the definitions provided by SophosLabs. There are significant updates coming for the media player (all the main P2P streaming apps) and encryption tool categories over the next couple of months. In the meantime requests for additional identities should be sent to appcontrol@sophos.com. Please also include a download link for the software you would like to see controlled.

At the moment AV/HIPS doesn't allow you to manually add suspicious files. I would recommend sending a sample to SophosLabs: http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/51120.html

Thanks,

John

:1126
  • Hi,

We are planning to add custom application control in a future release so it is on our roadmap. Obviously we'll also continue to extend the scope of the definitions provided by SophosLabs. There are significant updates coming for the media player (all the main P2P streaming apps) and encryption tool categories over the next couple of months. In the meantime requests for additional identities should be sent to appcontrol@sophos.com. Please also include a download link for the software you would like to see controlled.

At the moment AV/HIPS doesn't allow you to manually add suspicious files. I would recommend sending a sample to SophosLabs: http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/51120.html

Thanks,

John

:1126
Children
No Data