This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Sophos block specific file or folder?

Hi, I have a question regarding blocking files:

I would like to block read/write access to specific file and/or file type on Endpoints. Can Sophos do this? Seems Data Control can only do part of this job.

Thanks in advance.

:808

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Chris,

With regard to custom application control. This is still a high priority item for Sophos because of the obvious use case which you describe. At present, there is no schedule for its development unfortunately so i can't provide you with more details than that.

Regarding swf games. There is a technical issue why Sophos' Application Control cannot currently block such games. That is because our identities are written to identity characteristics of executables and block them. SWF files in themselves are not executable, rather they run via a flash enabled program (Internet Browser etc..) . This means that we cannot block them (at present at least).

Regarding further applications that you submit, Sophos will look at and consider all application requests. If you'd like to follow up on your case, just reply to the support email that you were sent with the case ID listed in the subject line.

Many thanks,

DK

:25705
  • Hi Chris,

With regard to custom application control. This is still a high priority item for Sophos because of the obvious use case which you describe. At present, there is no schedule for its development unfortunately so i can't provide you with more details than that.

Regarding swf games. There is a technical issue why Sophos' Application Control cannot currently block such games. That is because our identities are written to identity characteristics of executables and block them. SWF files in themselves are not executable, rather they run via a flash enabled program (Internet Browser etc..) . This means that we cannot block them (at present at least).

Regarding further applications that you submit, Sophos will look at and consider all application requests. If you'd like to follow up on your case, just reply to the support email that you were sent with the case ID listed in the subject line.

Many thanks,

DK

:25705
Children
No Data