This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can Sophos block specific file or folder?

Hi, I have a question regarding blocking files:

I would like to block read/write access to specific file and/or file type on Endpoints. Can Sophos do this? Seems Data Control can only do part of this job.

Thanks in advance.

:808

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi

Apologies for digging up a two-year-old thread, but this is the first discussion that appears when I google for this... Which might already answer the following question, but here goes: Is custom application control available yet?

We have a lot of .swf games doing the rounds on our network which can't be blocked with group policy, and Sophos is *really* close to being able to cover this for us with Application Control, except that we can't add our own defs. The supplied ones seem vague and a potentially too all-encompassing ("flash game" for instance).

We have sent samples to SophosLabs before and I got the distinct impression that writing defs for nuissance apps wasn't a priority... I never heard back once the sample was sent even though a support ticket had been raised for it.

Have I missed an update or is this still 'on the roadmap'?

Cheers

Chris

:25697
  • Hi

Apologies for digging up a two-year-old thread, but this is the first discussion that appears when I google for this... Which might already answer the following question, but here goes: Is custom application control available yet?

We have a lot of .swf games doing the rounds on our network which can't be blocked with group policy, and Sophos is *really* close to being able to cover this for us with Application Control, except that we can't add our own defs. The supplied ones seem vague and a potentially too all-encompassing ("flash game" for instance).

We have sent samples to SophosLabs before and I got the distinct impression that writing defs for nuissance apps wasn't a priority... I never heard back once the sample was sent even though a support ticket had been raised for it.

Have I missed an update or is this still 'on the roadmap'?

Cheers

Chris

:25697
Children
No Data