This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint security and control Update failed

Hello.

We have 120 computers. 60 windows xp and other are mixed windows 7, 8 and 10. We have SEC 5.4.1 installed in a wndows 2012 r2.

In our company we have a big problem with sophos endpoint in  about 40 windows xp computers. At 04/10/2016 all this computers came with a red cross - update failed.

I try to reinstall via share and via SEC. I have uninstalled sophos antivirus and autoupdate in control panel, deleted sophos folders and registry and tried a fresh instalation. Nothing works.

ALUpdate log finish wit this lines:

Trace(2016-Oct-14 13:17:32): Sending message: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Config type="RMSEndUpdate"><ErrorMessage><ID>Install.Failure</ID><StringID>103</StringID><Sender>ALUpdate</Sender><Insert>Sophos AutoUpdate</Insert><Insert>80041f04</Insert></ErrorMessage></Config>
Trace(2016-Oct-14 13:17:32): IPCSender::Write: Writing message: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Config type="RMSEndUpdate"><ErrorMessage><ID>Install.Failure</ID><StringID>103</StringID><Sender>ALUpdate</Sender><Insert>Sophos AutoUpdate</Insert><Insert>80041f04</Insert></ErrorMessage></Config>
Trace(2016-Oct-14 13:17:32): IPCSender::ProcessSend: Listener not ready starting to wait
Trace(2016-Oct-14 13:17:33): IPCSender::ProcessSend exiting 

I had open a support ticket, but until now i have no resolution.

Can anybody help?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It appears that AutoUpdate is failing to install a component.  If you look under: \windows\temp\ you should see the MSI logs and custom action logs.  Sort by last modified is probably easiest.

For whichever component is failing to install can we see the log files.  If it's SAV, then the install log and associated custom action log would be required.

Regards,

Jak

• It appears that AutoUpdate is failing to install a component.  If you look under: \windows\temp\ you should see the MSI logs and custom action logs.  Sort by last modified is probably easiest.

For whichever component is failing to install can we see the log files.  If it's SAV, then the install log and associated custom action log would be required.

Regards,

Jak

Children
No Data