This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Update Manager - Software delivery failed

Hi,

My endpoints have not been updating correctly for the last couple of weeks.  In the Enterprise Console they show all show as "Not Since 19-12-2009 08:47:19"

If I look at the update manager screen it shows an error of Software Delivery Failed, if I force it to update it will go to "Downloading binaries" then back to "Software Delivery Failed"

If I look at the update manager details I see the following errors

Code            Description

80040401   Software Update Failed

80040408   Unable to write to distribution location \\server_name\SophosUpdate for software subscription "software for updating policy 'SD Policy'"

80040404   Threat detection data update failed

Running the following

Enterprise Console v4 on Win 2003 server

Clients running version 7 (and a couple on 9)

The upgrade to version 4 took place a few weeks earlier, and everything was okay

any ideas where I could start looking?

many thanks

:607

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, I hope someone can help me with.... I am getting the same problem as above, but on Windows Server 2008. I want to try the same resolution as you, and after researching i am on the undertanding that these folders should be under the following path: C:\Program Data\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\Warehouse BUT, in the Sophos folder i do not have an Update mamager folder :S Could someone help me out with this to find out if i am doing somethijng wrong, or to get these files and folders where they need to be.... Thanks, Kevin Bennett
    :2676
  • Hi, I hope someone can help me with.... I am getting the same problem as above, but on Windows Server 2008. I want to try the same resolution as you, and after researching i am on the undertanding that these folders should be under the following path: C:\Program Data\Sophos\Update Manager\Update Manager\Warehouse BUT, in the Sophos folder i do not have an Update mamager folder :S Could someone help me out with this to find out if i am doing somethijng wrong, or to get these files and folders where they need to be.... Thanks, Kevin Bennett
    :2676
Children
No Data