This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows XP Issue

Hi, last week we started to see issues with XP (yes I know!, we are trying to get rid!) clients becoming unresponsive for around 5-10 minutes before coming back to life. In the event logs it shows a string of errors most notably "Communication error between on-access driver and service for a cross-process thread creation event". I've logged a call with support but wondered if anyone else had seen a similar issue?

Thanks

Lee

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the message. Just an update on our situation...we have created a test group and policy and disabled the HIPS scanning at the request of Sophos support. We have added some of the problem machines to this group and so far it seems to stop the problem. However, we want to use this type of scanning on all machines especially XP! We have also added a new registry key on some machines to enable more logging with a view to sending the logs to Sophos once the issue has triggered. If you need the details of this change let me know.

Also, if you find anything different works for you please update me!

Thanks

Lee
  • Hi,

I will give this a try. Hope we will receive an answer soon from partner.

B-J
Reply Children
No Data