This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows XP - Failed to install SAVXP

Hi, 

We're having an issue installing Sophos Endpoint Security and Control onto an XP SP3 machine (yes, I know). We have a few others with it succesfully installed, however this one fails to update and the Sophos server console notes the issue as "Failed to install SAVXP: The MSI has failed [0x00000067]". 

I've completly removed SAV and followed multiple KB / forum threads on here to no avail. 

Looking at the installation log gives me this, but I cannot see a clear indication. 

Install from:[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\rms]
Install to :[(null)]
MsiPackagePath: [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\rms\Sophos Remote Management System.msi].
Result of loading C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\SAUConfigDLL.dll is: [1720000]
RMS: Current product is not installed.
RMS: Setup Plugin running MsiInstallProduct(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\AutoUpdate\cache\rms\Sophos Remote Management System.msi,
REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 SOPHOS_TP_TOKEN=1 TRANSFORMS=1033.mst)

Has anyone else has similar issues with this? Any feedback or a solutuion is appeciated. 

Thanks,
David. 

:55596

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for the response and for finding the error. 

Following this I located this file and found it to have a Cyclic Redundancy Check error (it is an oldish HDD). After running Check Disk it has managed to repair that file (and a few other files / sectors), allowing Sophos to apply the updates. 

Instead of a Sophos error we're now monitoring the health of that hard drive.

Thanks for your help this week Christian, have a good weekend!  

:55616
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for the response and for finding the error. 

Following this I located this file and found it to have a Cyclic Redundancy Check error (it is an oldish HDD). After running Check Disk it has managed to repair that file (and a few other files / sectors), allowing Sophos to apply the updates. 

Instead of a Sophos error we're now monitoring the health of that hard drive.

Thanks for your help this week Christian, have a good weekend!  

:55616
Children
No Data