This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error 00000071 could not find source for updated packages

Hello 

I'm having a bit of a problem with updates on the server that hosts my management console.

Looking around the KBs there is a possibilty of an error in th e config file iconn.cfg. At first glance everything looks ok, but we connect to the interenet using a web proxy service.

The config file looks like....

;****************************************************************************
;
; iconn.cfg
;
; Please do not edit this text file.
;
;****************************************************************************

[PPI.WebConfig_Primary]
AllowLocalConfig = 0
AutoDialTimeout =
LocalPath =
DownloadGranularity =
ConnectionAddress = \\local server name\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\
UserName = Local server name\SophosUpdateMgr
UserPassword = Password is correct
ConnectionType = UNC
UseSophos = 0
AutoDial = 0
BandwidthLimit = 0
PortNumber =

[PPI.ProxyConfig_Primary]
AllowLocalConfig = 0
ProxyPortNumber = 0
ProxyType = 0

[PPI.WebConfig_Secondary]
AllowLocalConfig = 0
AutoDialTimeout =
LocalPath =
DownloadGranularity =
ConnectionAddress = http://es-web.sophos.com/update/
UseSophos = 1
UserName = Username is correct
UserPassword = Password is correct
ConnectionType = HTTP
AutoDial = 0
BandwidthLimit = 0

[PPI.ProxyConfig_Secondary]
AllowLocalConfig = 0
ProxyPortNumber = 0
ProxyType = 0

Is the problem down to the proxy details not being listed?

Thank you for your help

:46793

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Sorry for the delay in replying, I am only at this site once a week. I've been trying to teach one of my junior colleagues about the knowledge base that is available on various forums, but he is struggling ( a bit shy I think )

Anyway, he has reinstalled the agent - I think - and so far he hasn't been able to get any of the services started on the update server where the management console is loaded.

I have changed the credentials used to start the sevices to the local system account, and all have startted with the exception of one, The Sophos Management Service. I have tried to run this as the system account and I am being given an error 0x80004005 which tells me that there is a problem with authentications / ownership of the service.

When I try to open the Enterprise Console, I get an error that tells me that the service isn't running.

Thank you

:47123
  • Sorry for the delay in replying, I am only at this site once a week. I've been trying to teach one of my junior colleagues about the knowledge base that is available on various forums, but he is struggling ( a bit shy I think )

Anyway, he has reinstalled the agent - I think - and so far he hasn't been able to get any of the services started on the update server where the management console is loaded.

I have changed the credentials used to start the sevices to the local system account, and all have startted with the exception of one, The Sophos Management Service. I have tried to run this as the system account and I am being given an error 0x80004005 which tells me that there is a problem with authentications / ownership of the service.

When I try to open the Enterprise Console, I get an error that tells me that the service isn't running.

Thank you

:47123
Children
No Data