This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Error 0x80041f08 When Uninstalling 9.5

Hi All,

I am attempting to upgrade a number of installations from 9.5 to 10.0. One Windows 7 Enterprise machine is throwing errors when the install package attenpts to uninstall 9.5. 

error 0x80041f08

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Jason

:39389

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Jason,

while this is a specific error code (namely, Uninstalling an older Sophos product failed) it does not tell you the specific reason for the failure to uninstall. Please check the Sophos Anti-Virus Uninstall log.txt if present in \Windows\TEMP. (search for Return value 3) or the ALUpdate log in ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Logs. There's a number of possible reasons so I can't say what exactly to look for. 

Christian 

:39391
  • Hello Jason,

while this is a specific error code (namely, Uninstalling an older Sophos product failed) it does not tell you the specific reason for the failure to uninstall. Please check the Sophos Anti-Virus Uninstall log.txt if present in \Windows\TEMP. (search for Return value 3) or the ALUpdate log in ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Logs. There's a number of possible reasons so I can't say what exactly to look for. 

Christian 

:39391
Children
No Data