This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to block Microsoft Office Sync (Microsoft Upload Center)?

The new version of Microsoft Office 2013 (and I am sure older versions have it as well) has a Microsoft Office Sync application that runs.  It runs in the systray as "Microsoft Upload Center".  I am sure this is used so users can upload files to SkyDrive and SharePoint Servers and such.

How would I go about controlling this application/service using Sophos Endpoint Security and Control?

The executable is "MSOSYNC.EXE" located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 15

This is on a Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit operating system running Microsoft Office 2013 and using Sopho Enterprise Control 5.2.0.644 and Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.2.

Thanks!

:40161

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply Christian.  Thanks for providing the link to remove/disable the Upload Center.  I found that link among others as well.

Not sure what Microsoft is even thinking on this but that will be as far as I go on "bashing" them.

Thanks for the Application Control Request form link.  I submitted a request so hopefully we can get it controlled via Sophos Endpoint Security and Control.

:40221
  • Thanks for the reply Christian.  Thanks for providing the link to remove/disable the Upload Center.  I found that link among others as well.

Not sure what Microsoft is even thinking on this but that will be as far as I go on "bashing" them.

Thanks for the Application Control Request form link.  I submitted a request so hopefully we can get it controlled via Sophos Endpoint Security and Control.

:40221
Children
No Data