This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mac: Could not contact primary server

I tried updating my Sophos AV on my mac and it says that it ould not contact the primary server and the error occured today 23 Sep 2012 15:44. Is this related to the fase-positive issue? How long should I wait before trying to update my definitions again? Should I remove and reinstall it?

Brittany

:32639

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

First, this is definitely not related to the recent Shh/Updater-B issue (that was never a problem for the Mac platform).

Updating problems are serious issues. You should contact your IT administrator or our Support organization, as appropriate.

You can also do a little bit of troubleshooting on your own. Check the Sophos Anti-Virus.log (via Console) to see if there are any error messages. You should also verify your primary and secondary update location (via Preferences) to see if they match your expectations.

Our updates are delivered over HTTP, so presumably your network is ok (since you can reach the web) but you might need to check for any system proxy settings. Its hard to make any specific suggestions without knowing more about how your network is configured e.g. do you require any specific authentication to access websites.

:35029

---

Bob Cook (bob.cook@sophos.com) Director, Software Development

• Hi,

First, this is definitely not related to the recent Shh/Updater-B issue (that was never a problem for the Mac platform).

Updating problems are serious issues. You should contact your IT administrator or our Support organization, as appropriate.

You can also do a little bit of troubleshooting on your own. Check the Sophos Anti-Virus.log (via Console) to see if there are any error messages. You should also verify your primary and secondary update location (via Preferences) to see if they match your expectations.

Our updates are delivered over HTTP, so presumably your network is ok (since you can reach the web) but you might need to check for any system proxy settings. Its hard to make any specific suggestions without knowing more about how your network is configured e.g. do you require any specific authentication to access websites.

:35029

---

Bob Cook (bob.cook@sophos.com) Director, Software Development

Children
No Data