This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't Uninstall Sophos Endpoint 9.5

Hi everyone,

One of my Windows 2003 server (out of about 15 already installed with Sophos 9.5) is having strange Sophos issues. I can't get it to auto update, doesn't show up correctly in the enterprise manager, things like that.

As a first step in troubleshooting, I'm trying to completely uninstall Sophos from that server. Everytime I try this using the Add/Remove programs, I get:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

..enter an alternate path to a folder containing "sophos anti-virus.msi" in the box below.

Problem is, I don't have this msi file on any network location. If I manually navigate to the SophosUpdate share / CIDs / S000 /  SAVSCFXP / savxp, I can see a MSI file with that name, but it doesn't work for the uninstaller.

I still see the Sophos shield icon, and when I try to double click it, I get many error boxes starting with one related to CVersionPanelDLG: Initialize: Line 110. All those errors tells me something is seriously hosed with my current Sophos installation.

I cannot reinstall the product from the Enterpise Console - it errors out, which makes sense because there's obviously something very wrong with what is currently running on that server.

What's the trick to uninstalling Sophos on this server so I can reinstall it and start over? Thanks!

:7695

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• jak wrote:

Did you find the MSI file of Sophos AV in the directory:

\windows\installer\

It will not be called "Sophos Anti-Virus.msi", for that reason you need to add on the column heading "Subject" to help you find it.

What happens if you right click on that file and select uninstall?

Jak

This worked well for us with a borked 9.0.5 client installation. Add points to this user!!!

If you are doing this for a broken client installation, note that the MSI file had to be renamed to match the original file. In this case 'Sophos Anti-Virus.msi'. It didn't work until the rename. Then the regular uninstall worked pointing to the \windows\installer directory (hidden system folder).

:37385

• jak wrote:

Did you find the MSI file of Sophos AV in the directory:

\windows\installer\

It will not be called "Sophos Anti-Virus.msi", for that reason you need to add on the column heading "Subject" to help you find it.

What happens if you right click on that file and select uninstall?

Jak

This worked well for us with a borked 9.0.5 client installation. Add points to this user!!!

If you are doing this for a broken client installation, note that the MSI file had to be renamed to match the original file. In this case 'Sophos Anti-Virus.msi'. It didn't work until the rename. Then the regular uninstall worked pointing to the \windows\installer directory (hidden system folder).

:37385
Children
No Data