This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Client computers - Up to date status: unknown

Hey,

Enterprise Console: v 4.5.1

Endpoint: v 9.5

I have a problem that has quite literally come out of the blue.

I have 42 computers of about 280 total that are currently reporting that their "Update to date" status is "Unknown"

This appeared around 11:30 a.m. today.

When I had checked the Sophos Enterprise Console  this morning there were no such reports.

Each machine is reporting a status of:

Up to date: Unknown

Time installed package becamse available: Unknown

Time next package became available: Unknown

I ran across this thread:

It describes the exact same problem that I am having.

This issue though was reported way back in June and has already been corrected.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

I have not made any changes to any of the policies and we have not made any changes to the network or the server.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thank you

Cheers

:7481

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • @ jak

Hey jak,

Thank you for the additional information that you have provided. I re-read your posts this morning and it is starting to make a little more sense. I went onto one of the clients that was having the problem and I went through the agents logs. I do not see the "I SDDM.." that you mentioned. But I do see the dialog that is occurring between the SUM and the client. I am going to do some further reading of these logs to see if I can continue to gain a better understanding.

The last example that you gave cleared things up a little bit more. I think this explains why the machines gradually began to drop off the out of date list apposed to them all dropping at the same time.

I believe that the machines began to show a status of "Yes" gradually over about an hour and half. By which point all the ones that were originally reporting the message had returned to the normal state of "Yes".

Because of the size of our network we have a very small deployment of sophos consisting of only one server. All of the services are maintained by one system with the SUM only updating one CID.

For one taking longer then the other to update, I am not entirely sure what you are referring. I believe though that since the machines gradually began to drop off the list over a period of time this could mean that one was taking longer then the other to update? <---- this would be an example of what you wrote in your last response?

Thank you again for taking the time to help out.

Cheers

:7511
  • @ jak

Hey jak,

Thank you for the additional information that you have provided. I re-read your posts this morning and it is starting to make a little more sense. I went onto one of the clients that was having the problem and I went through the agents logs. I do not see the "I SDDM.." that you mentioned. But I do see the dialog that is occurring between the SUM and the client. I am going to do some further reading of these logs to see if I can continue to gain a better understanding.

The last example that you gave cleared things up a little bit more. I think this explains why the machines gradually began to drop off the out of date list apposed to them all dropping at the same time.

I believe that the machines began to show a status of "Yes" gradually over about an hour and half. By which point all the ones that were originally reporting the message had returned to the normal state of "Yes".

Because of the size of our network we have a very small deployment of sophos consisting of only one server. All of the services are maintained by one system with the SUM only updating one CID.

For one taking longer then the other to update, I am not entirely sure what you are referring. I believe though that since the machines gradually began to drop off the list over a period of time this could mean that one was taking longer then the other to update? <---- this would be an example of what you wrote in your last response?

Thank you again for taking the time to help out.

Cheers

:7511
Children
No Data