This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Client computers - Up to date status: unknown

Hey,

Enterprise Console: v 4.5.1

Endpoint: v 9.5

I have a problem that has quite literally come out of the blue.

I have 42 computers of about 280 total that are currently reporting that their "Update to date" status is "Unknown"

This appeared around 11:30 a.m. today.

When I had checked the Sophos Enterprise Console  this morning there were no such reports.

Each machine is reporting a status of:

Up to date: Unknown

Time installed package becamse available: Unknown

Time next package became available: Unknown

I ran across this thread:

It describes the exact same problem that I am having.

This issue though was reported way back in June and has already been corrected.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

I have not made any changes to any of the policies and we have not made any changes to the network or the server.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thank you

Cheers

:7481

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

If you see my post here:  it will tell you a bit about what is going on and how it should work.  The most likely scenario is that the package information from SUM isn't making it to the packages table of the database.  The clients however are sending in status messages as they continue to get updates.  As the clients package information doesn't match anything put there by SUM it can't make a decision about the update status so it's shown as unknown.

Do you have multiple SUMs?

If No, I would:

1. Close the SEC console

2. Stop the Sophos Update Manager service

3. Stop the Sophos Agent service.

4. Stop the Sophos Message Router Service

5  Stop the Sophos Management Service

Then Start them up again in this order:

1. Sophos Update Manager service

2. Sophos Message Router Service

3. Sophos Management Service

4, Sophos Agent service.

5, SEC console

Wait a few minutes for the latest Status message from Sum to get to the database,  Once it does, all the machines should show as up to date I would think.

If you have multiple SUMs I would suggest making the SUM which is on the same machine as the management server the authoritative SUM as per:

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/57638.html

Also ensure that this SUM is subscribed to all the subscriptions you have.  Once done, the latest status message should find its way to the database and change the state of the machines to be correct.

Thanks,

Jak

:7485
  • Hi,

If you see my post here:  it will tell you a bit about what is going on and how it should work.  The most likely scenario is that the package information from SUM isn't making it to the packages table of the database.  The clients however are sending in status messages as they continue to get updates.  As the clients package information doesn't match anything put there by SUM it can't make a decision about the update status so it's shown as unknown.

Do you have multiple SUMs?

If No, I would:

1. Close the SEC console

2. Stop the Sophos Update Manager service

3. Stop the Sophos Agent service.

4. Stop the Sophos Message Router Service

5  Stop the Sophos Management Service

Then Start them up again in this order:

1. Sophos Update Manager service

2. Sophos Message Router Service

3. Sophos Management Service

4, Sophos Agent service.

5, SEC console

Wait a few minutes for the latest Status message from Sum to get to the database,  Once it does, all the machines should show as up to date I would think.

If you have multiple SUMs I would suggest making the SUM which is on the same machine as the management server the authoritative SUM as per:

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/57638.html

Also ensure that this SUM is subscribed to all the subscriptions you have.  Once done, the latest status message should find its way to the database and change the state of the machines to be correct.

Thanks,

Jak

:7485
Children
No Data