This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.1 launch error : The user "domain\account" is not assigned to any subestates.

Hello, 

When I try to launch the SEC I get the "subestates" error message.

My domain account is a member of the Sophos Full Administrators local group.

I have looked around the dbo.UserSubEstates, dbo.Users, dbo.SubEstates......and it should all be good. 

It seems that no matter what i change /modify ....the error message wont go away. ( i have created a "test" subestate in the database...mapped my account to it....still same error).

Does anyone have an idea on what the next step would be ? I need to get this fixed and launch this console.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Mihai Sandu,

you can't launch the console at all? The local console on the management server? How did you create a "test" subestate?

Christian

• Hello, 

When I launch the console it gives me  the subestates error message. Initially i was on a setup where I had a SQL server with only the DB component installed and another Admin server with the Console and Management server .

I have since then installed all 3 componenets on the database server just to test if it will work....same error message.

The "test" subestate was created from the sql manager adding a row to the dbo.subestates table that contained just the "default" subestate .

Mihai

• Hello, 

When I launch the console it gives me  the subestates error message. Initially i was on a setup where I had a SQL server with only the DB component installed and another Admin server with the Console and Management server .

I have since then installed all 3 componenets on the database server just to test if it will work....same error message.

The "test" subestate was created from the sql manager adding a row to the dbo.subestates table that contained just the "default" subestate .

Mihai

Children
  • Hello Mihai,

neither setup worked ... or? Do I understand correctly that you did an install with a remote database, you couldn't open then console. Then you installed all components on the database server - same results? And with this user you've also installed SEC?

I encountered this error after a migration ... can't remember what went wrong and how I corrected it. 

Christian

• Hello, 

Setup worked with the same account ( which is domain account admin and also Sql db owner /admin etc) . It is after the setup, when launching the console that I get the error.

It's a long story. We were in version 5.4.1 and for some time everything was OK. Then all of a sudden we started getting this "user not assigned to subestates" error message. Not managing to solve it I have thought that upgrading to 5.5.1 could help...I was wron...even after the upgrade , when launching the console....I get the same error message.

Since then I have completely removed Sophos on both the Admin and SQL server ( even deleting the Sophos DB) .....reinstalled in 5.5.1...only the end up with the same error message in the end....which is a bit frustrating I must admit. 

I have run out of ideas or things to try. 

Mihai