This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos release dates

Hello!

Its end of May and version 10.8.4.3 should be already available in Preview subscription.

Currently we are using version 10.8.4.227 on endpoints

Does anybody use 10.8.4.3 version?

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120189

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello KingRolo,

first of all, as 120189 says Green text indicates a confidence level of 90% or higher - it's not a guaranty. And it also Notes: the latest versions shown for a month in the calendar may not be available to every customer during that month due to the way that we roll out updates. And the emergency rollout in late April has likely caused some delay. 

Looking at the Release Notes there is no difference in the versions of the individual components listed. Only the Client Boot Strap has been updated (refers to setup.exe which is 3.4.0.1776 from Sep 2018 in Preview, interestingly all others still use the 3.4.0.1402 build from Sep 2017). Please note that Recommended will be upgraded to the same version as Preview. That 10.8.4.3 is in the Release Notes for both suggests that the rollout has already commenced.

Christian

• Thank you Christian for your explanation. 

As I understand users are divided in groups when new versions are available and some users get them before others. If you want to be moved to earlier group who do you write to? 

Regards

• Hello KingRolo,

correct. Can't say how your position is determined. As said in the article you'll get more precise dates with TAM Support and likely also the option to jump the queue - dunno if you can get it for free. Either contact your reseller/partner or (assuming you have signed up to SophServ) your Sales Account Manager.

Christian

• Hello!

It looks like Boot Strap version is missing in Sophos release notes (preview):

http://downloads.sophos.com/readmes/sesc_onprempreview_rneng.html

Currently we are using:

• 3.4.0.1776 for Client Bootstrapper version (Preview)
    • 3.4.0.1402 for Client Bootstrapper version (Recommended)

Regards

Reply Children
  • Hello KingRolo,

seeing the Client Boot Strap has been updated I wondered what this could be and where this information is. Found it in the subscription details in SEC but not in the Endpoint GUI. It was rather easy to figure out that Boot Strap refers to setup.exe. It's not explicitly mentioned in the Recommended Release Notes but I assume the Deprecated functionality refers to it.
    Reviewing my post I also corrected an error, 3.4.0.1402 is the version
    used by Recommended.

Christian