This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoint security and control - manually download updates - Client not allowed on network - no other solution has worked

We have clients that are not allowed on the network, I have Sophos endpoint security and control 10.3 stand alone. I have installed this onto the Client, I now need to get updates to the Client. We don’t have Sophos on any Servers etc., I have downloaded the latest IDE pack from the Sophos download website. I attempted to put the IDE files into Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus, then changed the update details from ‘Sophos’ to Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus folder, along with restarting the anti-virus service, yet this has still not worked and shows as ‘updating: failed’ on the console.

Can you please help?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have set up a client which is not and will never be on the network with standalone endpoint security and control installed – I have put on IDE files I downloaded off Sophos website (burnt onto cd and transferred onto the standalone client). It’s picking up the IDE version (5.17) but still says ‘updating: failed’ – is this correct, as it hasn’t/can’t updated from online or should this not be saying that? Are the IDE files enough?

Thanks.

• I have set up a client which is not and will never be on the network with standalone endpoint security and control installed – I have put on IDE files I downloaded off Sophos website (burnt onto cd and transferred onto the standalone client). It’s picking up the IDE version (5.17) but still says ‘updating: failed’ – is this correct, as it hasn’t/can’t updated from online or should this not be saying that? Are the IDE files enough?

Thanks.

Children
No Data