This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ERROR: Could not find a source for updated packages - stand alone install

Time: 11/4/2015 7:19:07
Message: ERROR: Could not find a source for updated packages
Module: ALUpdate
Process ID: 6160
Thread ID: 6164

I just installed sophos standalone on my home comptuer (win10 x64) and I put in the same credentials I used on my laptop a few months ago that is still updating and working but no luck.  Any suggestions?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

This error can occur if the version of SAV you're currently running is too old for our servers.

Our current earliest supported version of SAV is 10.3.15. Can you confirm if you are running at least this version of Sophos Anti-Virus?

You can check this by:
    1) Right-clicking on the Sophos Protection icon in the tray and selecting “Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control”
    2) Clicking on “View product Information” under “Help and information” on the left
    3) Clicking on “Software” under Anti-virus and HIPS and checking on the Sophos Anti-Virus version

If you are running an earlier version of SAV, please download the newer version from the Sophos Website. Also, please make sure your credentials are entered correctly under the “Configure Updating” tab.
  • Hello,

This error can occur if the version of SAV you're currently running is too old for our servers.

Our current earliest supported version of SAV is 10.3.15. Can you confirm if you are running at least this version of Sophos Anti-Virus?

You can check this by:
    1) Right-clicking on the Sophos Protection icon in the tray and selecting “Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control”
    2) Clicking on “View product Information” under “Help and information” on the left
    3) Clicking on “Software” under Anti-virus and HIPS and checking on the Sophos Anti-Virus version

If you are running an earlier version of SAV, please download the newer version from the Sophos Website. Also, please make sure your credentials are entered correctly under the “Configure Updating” tab.
Children
No Data