This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Messages log filling with " sav-rms main process (24702) terminated with status 1"

Using Sophos Central I downloaded and installed the SophosInstall.sh package.

Initially it wouldn't run as there was no /opt directory on my Ubuntu server install.

After creating the /opt directory, the installation proceeded and it looks like Sophos is basically working, though the messages log is filling with:

Mar 7 16:16:01 jam kernel: init: sav-rms main process (24630) terminated with status 1
Mar 7 16:16:01 jam kernel: init: sav-rms main process ended, respawning
Mar 7 16:16:03 jam kernel: init: sav-rms main process (24648) terminated with status 1
Mar 7 16:16:03 jam kernel: init: sav-rms main process ended, respawning
Mar 7 16:16:04 jam kernel: init: sav-rms main process (24666) terminated with status 1
Mar 7 16:16:04 jam kernel: init: sav-rms main process ended, respawning

Any guesses on why sav-rms is unstable?

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Jonathan Wolfert,

can't say why - haven't even heard that it sometimes is. Please check the logs in /opt/sophos-av/log - dunno about the Central version, I see the rmsboot.log that's created during install/initialization and the sav-rms.log. The latter might have some information.

Christian

• Hello Jonathan Wolfert,

can't say why - haven't even heard that it sometimes is. Please check the logs in /opt/sophos-av/log - dunno about the Central version, I see the rmsboot.log that's created during install/initialization and the sav-rms.log. The latter might have some information.

Christian

Children
No Data