This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I config OnAccessIncludePath more than one path?

Hi,

how do I config savconfig's parameter OnAccessIncludePath to do an onaccess scan for more than one path?

The syntax is:

/opt/sophos-av/bin/savconfig OnAccessIncludePath /data/mypath/

When I enter an additional path seperated by a blank:

/opt/sophos-av/bin/savconfig OnAccessIncludePath /data/mypath/ /data/mypath2/

this error message is shown:

OnAccessIncludePath: Only one value can be specified for this parameter

Peter

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Peter,

how did you find this parameter (including what it's for and what it does)? Clearly (but not quite) the error message refers to this parameter so guess this one is not intended to take a list of values.

./savconfig OnAccessIncludePath --help
    OnAccessIncludePath: Directory hierarchy to which on-access scanning is to be restricted.

The --help says restricted - don't ask me why it then has Include in its name. Anyway - what's your goal?

Christian

• Hello Peter,

how did you find this parameter (including what it's for and what it does)? Clearly (but not quite) the error message refers to this parameter so guess this one is not intended to take a list of values.

./savconfig OnAccessIncludePath --help
    OnAccessIncludePath: Directory hierarchy to which on-access scanning is to be restricted.

The --help says restricted - don't ask me why it then has Include in its name. Anyway - what's your goal?

Christian

Children
  • Hello Christian

Didn't know how to show help for one of savconfig's parameter only. However now I understand that the meaning of this parameter is to restrict onaccess scan to one directoy hierarchy only.

I would like to have onaccess sav configured to scan two (or more) directory hierarchies. One solution is to setup a symbolic link for each additional directory hierarchy within the first directory hierarchy. Though this is a detour which I don't like.

Is there any other way to restrict onaccess scan to multiple directory hierarchies?

Peter

• Hello Peter,

[I don't like} to setup a symbolic link
    agreed. As the default is / I understand it that you want the contents of only some of the directori(y tre)es to subject to on-access scanning. May I ask why and which ones?

Christian

• The Linux PC is used as our file server and so I want onaccess scanning for the directories which are shared to the users.

Peter

• Hello Peter,

as said, the default is /. On-Access would therefore, if enabled, scan all files. Restricting it to just the shared directories wouldn't make much sense - what would be the benefit? Or the other way round, what do you think would be the disadvantage of global On-Access scanning? 

Christian