This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you manage Sophos Free Linux Client from the console

Hi,

If customer already have endpoint protection console, can we able to manage Sophos Free Linux Client from the console ?

<Please note: Post moved into discussions area and re-titled by moderator>

:1020625

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Pradip,

if a customer wants to manage an Endpoint with Free SAV for Linux installed at that point it ceases to be the free product and counts as part of their licence. Free SAV for Linux is only free as such if it's a Standalone, un-managed installation.

Regards,

Dominic

:1020645
  • I can't find where to create a new post / subject so I'm posting it here....

Can anybody tell me if Sophos antivirus has an option where you can re release infected files back on to your computer? I need to know before I purchase... not sure if this feature is available or not but I need it for testing purposes.

Cheers

Simon.

:1020760
  • Hello Simon,

create a new post

there's a New Message button when you browse a board (e.g. SAV for Linux). So are you indeed asking about SAV for Linux?

release infected files back

you can configure the Cleanup Action performed in response to a detection. The default is Automatic Cleanup if possible (which might result in deletion) with Deny access only as alternate action (which is also the "minimum" if you turn off Automatic Cleanup). Other (alternate) actions are Delete and Move. In the latter case there is no restore to original location available. Thus with automatic cleanup disabled and Deny access only configured the file is left in place.  

Christian

:1020792