This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

License/EULA

Hi,

> The basic edition of Sophos Antivirus for Linux is 100%, totally, absolutely, completely free

but according to the EULA I have to accept for the download it is not allowed to use it for

services provided to third parties (for example on a mailserver) and I would have to

perform/accept audits about the usage on request of Sophos - is this correct?

Thomas

:1020939

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

I followed vawney's advice - maybe it's useful to share the result:

According to  customercare@sophos.com, "Sophos Antivirus for Linux Free Edition" is a Consumer Product, licensed to one user and not allowed for business use.

Thomas

:1020950

• sandy wrote:

If you want Sophos protection for your business,  you will require the paid-for version, details of the Sophos Anti-Virus for all Linux and other OSs  paid version is here:

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/endpoint-antivirus.aspx

Yes, ok. I just think usage informations for the free version are very confusing:

• "Protect your mission critical Linux servers" doesn't really make me think of a consumer product
    • /opt/sophos-av/doc/licence.savlinux.en.utf8 says:
      3.3 Rights. Licensee is permitted to:
      3.3.1 use the Products for the internal business purposes of Licensee and its Affiliates, relating specifically to the integrity of their systems, networks, documents, emails and other data;
    • The FAQ talks about the differences between paid/ and free version:
      • It is simply Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux made available for use, for free.
      1. Free Sav for Linux Basic comes with no support. If you require support then a license must be purchased.
      2. Free Sav for Linux Basic has no access to different subscriptions such as Preview/Previous etc

But according to your post I can't use it for business and according to customercare I can't even use it on my mission critical home server as it's licensed for just one user and I have five of them over here...

Please don't get me wrong - these policies are ok (once known) but why don't you just

put "Personal use only, Single-User."  on the product page?

best regards

Thomas

:1020957